Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Enjoy the Rest of Your Youth





It's incredible how abruptly life changes. This year has gone by so fast. It feels like the older I get, the quicker the years go by. It's almost frightening. You flip through old photos and realize how much you've changed. Maybe your not as close as you once were, to someone you really idolized. Your environment has taken on a new form. New relationships, both bad and good. Work. Or maybe, you are the one that has changed entirely. I think people blame life, when in fact we should be blaming ourselves. It's you that changes your appearance and your living conditions. Isn't it also you that changes your ideals and morals, making some old friends less appealing and some more understandable. Suddenly you wanting to better yourself changes a huge part of who you once were. This may not sit right with a large portion of your old self. Yet change is inevitable. You can't stay young minded your entire life. You have to grow and "socialize" yourself. (Unless your a hermit or something...) I'm reminded of my sister's sixteenth birthday party. My sister is six years older than me, so when she had her sweet sixteen I was envious. My grandmother cleaned out her antique store and made out the invitations. CO-ED!!! There was a dance floor, karaoke machine and secret spin the bottle! It was every girls dream. The bitch even had a pretty dress and chez-whiz in a can! All I kept saying was how I couldn't wait to be older, how I hated being a kid! My mother took me aside, and after telling me to stop my bitching, she unleashed a great bit of knowledge. She said to enjoy my youth because you can't ever get any younger, you'll always be able to get a little older. Now although my family didn't do shit for my sweet sixteen, I think if we blame life for anything it should be for not giving us an option. So as I'm growing I'm enjoying my youth. Although I'm pretty sure I'll be 90 with converses and blue hair. Remember to stop and smell the roses.

No comments:

Post a Comment