Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Fingers Crossed

It's incredible how nerve racking one person's decision can be. I'm waiting on my acceptance letter from the Art Institute of Charlotte. The nerve racking part is that they have already gone through financial aid (so I know I can afford it), they have all of my paperwork and they just called me to tell me about orientation. It's like being all dressed up with no where to go. What if I don't get in and they have gotten me completley wrapped up in the idea of going to school. I graduated in 2005 with great grades, a really nice GPA, alot of volunteer work and a ridiculous amount of clubs and extra curricular activities under my belt. However, my mom is my only parent and she is sick and doesn't work. Going to school was a little more difficult for me. She never felt like going to the financial aid meetings and when I would start telling her about my aspirations, she'd begin crying and get depressed because she couldn't do anything for me. So I took "a year" off from school. Then I got wrapped up into working and partying. Five years later I'm finally ready to hit the books. This accepptance letter is huge to me. I know I can reapply. I know there are other schools. But I've been through a lot to get to this one. I deserve to go to this school. I'm a great student and I'm really gonna bust my ass. So anyways, keep your fingers crossed for me. This would really change my life.

2 comments: